I started my Facebook page and blogger with the hopes of sharing my experience of training and completing the Inaugural Dopey Challenge in Disney. Now it shall follow other goals and endeavors in running and fitness.

Thursday 12 November 2015

Wine and Dine: The Expo!



Expo morning started with a hot and humid run on the path between Pop and Art of Animation.
Having just left NY, where the previous weekend's quarter marathon was in the low 40s, I thought I needed to acclimate a bit.  I felt like I was running in a swamp, but I really liked the path.  I had never run there before, and I really liked the 1.25 mile loop and seeing all of the other runners out and getting their sweat on!  After a quick shower it was time to go!

This being my husband's first half, we wanted to get to the expo super early.  We were there about an hour before and jumped in line, chatting with some other excited runners.
To our immense happiness we we're let in roughly a half hour early.  We booked to merchandise first and bought the things we knew we had really wanted.  There was so much stuff!


Then we got through the 5k and half bib lines pretty quickly, only to have to go wait in another zigzagging line to pick up pins and the commemorative jacket.
I wasn't too thrilled to have to get in yet ANOTHER line for this stuff, not quite sure why they changed it.

We went to the merchandise tent in the second building, just missing getting a shoe ornament (no worries, got one online from the Disney Store site).
While we waited in the MASSIVE line that wrapped out of the area and through the expo, we took turn getting our shirts.  Then we browsed some vendors
Loved this set up at New Balance!
before heading upstairs to listen to Jeff Galloway speak.






Overall I thought the expo was pretty well done, though I felt the new line for pins was a tad tedious. I was also sad they were letting people take 5+ of the shoe ornaments so they were gone within the first hour.  It was definitely busy, but we had a good time and spent A LITTLE too much... Oops!

No comments:

Post a Comment