I started my Facebook page and blogger with the hopes of sharing my experience of training and completing the Inaugural Dopey Challenge in Disney. Now it shall follow other goals and endeavors in running and fitness.

Monday 18 January 2016

Dreams and Goals

Sometimes I don't like to speak my dreams out loud.  It makes me nervous and makes me feel almost vulnerable, like I'm telling a deep dark secret about myself, which I guess I am in a way.  Revealing a dream is like giving away a little piece of myself, a little hope of the things that I'd like to achieve... And to reveal that seems scary.  Especially if you fail.  

 But I've decided to change this mindset, thinking that if I share my goals it will hold me more accountable towards them and help me achieve them by driving me to work.  So here goes...

1.) 2016 miles in 2016.  This goal is the least scary to share.  I've done 2500+ in a year so I know I can do this.  Thus just requires that I stay injury free (knock on wood) and that I make sure I stay disciplined as far as getting runs in.

2.) go sub 1:40 in the half.  I've got A LOT of halves planned this year.  I've had two training runs where I've gone sub 1:42:30, which will already be a 2:00 PR if I can replicate in a race, so I am being optimistic.

3.) get a sub 21:00 5 k.  This one makes me more nervous because I would need to take 1:30 off my 5  k time, but I really want to try this year.

4.) place at a Disney race.  I know- you can't control the performances of those around you, but I keep coming closer- I was :35 off of one last year.  Maybe this year will be it.  I've got Glass Slipper and Pixie Dust Challenges (yea pink c2c!) to try, and hopefully Wine and Dine in Nov.

5.). This is the one that scares me the most: qualify to the Boston.  After completing the Dopey Challenge in 2014, I had said I probably wouldn't do another marathon until I thought I could qualify to Boston.  Well the running calculators predict it with my current unofficial training times, so I'm thinking by the end of the year I could be on my way, especially if I'm on target with my other goals.  So there it is- I'm hoping to get the qualifying time for the 2018 Boston Marathon.

What kind of goals does everyone have for 2016?  Any running plans?  


And on that note I now feel compelled to go run....


2 comments:

  1. You go girl. I'm sure you'll do great. I would love to run a marathon one day but gotta break the two hour mark for a half first before I'll attempt it. Boston is a goal for me as well. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm hoping I can attack some of these this year! The two hour mark for the half is such a great barrier to break- I almost cried when I did it the first time. Good luck and I hope you nail it soon!

      Delete