I started my Facebook page and blogger with the hopes of sharing my experience of training and completing the Inaugural Dopey Challenge in Disney. Now it shall follow other goals and endeavors in running and fitness.

Saturday 5 March 2016

Princess expo take 2

I
We returned to the scene of the craziness again on Friday, missing the opening.  I really just wanted to go back so I could actually see the vendors as we left in a hurry on Thursday, frustrated by the chaos and the crowds.  (Sorry for the blurry pic, but barely any lines!)

The crowds were definitely much more manageable, especially in the RunDisney merchandise areas.  Most items were still in stock, including those pink jackets that caused so much drama.  

The vendors were there in full force
And I loved walking around and looking at them.  A few of my favs were Inspired Endurance, Sparkle Athletic, Sports Hooks, and the New Balance area.


Even the New Balance area was cleared out enough that I could wander in and look at, albeit not try on, shoes.  Definitely love the Minnie and Ariel shoes- but I'm so picky about my footwear that I'm afraid to take the plunge, so for now I'll just admire from afar.

As we were getting ready to leave we noticed Jeff Galloway speaking so we stopped and listened for a bit.  He's always fun to listen to! He gives out great advice and has a great personality that draws you in.
After his talk he said he'd be going back to his booth for pictures and stuff.  My husband and I tailed him back into the expo... A little stalkerish almost as we kept just far enough not to be obvious but close enough not to lose him.  MAN can he weave through a crowd quickly!  But we got there and I was excited to get my pic with an Olympian!  
After this we did leave, checking out the RunDisney medals as we went.  I snapped a pic of all the medals I'll have after Pixie Dust in May (yes, I'm a bling-aholic).  Can't wait until they are all mine! 
Conclusion:  if you don't mind missing out on a few of the most coveted items (this year the tervis and wine glass) then going early the second day is much less stressful than trying to survive the first.  There were great things to see, buy, and do that I enjoyed much more on Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment