I started my Facebook page and blogger with the hopes of sharing my experience of training and completing the Inaugural Dopey Challenge in Disney. Now it shall follow other goals and endeavors in running and fitness.

Saturday 9 April 2016

4 weeks to go...

(Picture from RunDisney)

So Tinkerbell Weekend is just 4 weeks away... Time for the second guessing to begin!  Like most runners, I'm now wondering if what I've done since Princess has been enough to achieve my goals.

I didn't follow a full out written training plan.  I decided one of my major issues after my A1A Half and Princess weekend experiences was endurance and lack of long miles in training.  So I've thrown down more double digit runs at this point in my training than I did for my entire Princess cycle, sometimes getting in two a week, hitting 15 twice.  I've also done tempo runs and have quickened my interval pace, but was all this enough?

I've got a 14-15 miler planned for today, but it'll be on the treadmill since its 27F and I've been fighting something the past few days.  Next weekend will be a 13 miler, then the following weekend I'm doing my first duathalon on Saturday, which I'm totally not ready for.  I haven't been out on my bike since last year, and there's a twenty mile bike portion.  I've done a couple 10 milers on my exercise bike, so hopefully that helps!  Oh, and should I add that I have a hilly half the next day?  😮 Should be a fun weekend... Lol.

ANYWAYS...

I really want to PR at both the 10k and half at Tink, which is stupid, I know.  I just really want some more recent times for those distances.  I have another half, the Buffalo Half Marathon, at the end of May, so I have a back up race for that goal, so I guess I should really focus on the 10k.  Plus, if I race the 10k at my best, I have an outside chance of placing in my age group.  

On that note, I guess I should go stop being a bum and hit the treadmill... Here we go!


No comments:

Post a Comment