I started my Facebook page and blogger with the hopes of sharing my experience of training and completing the Inaugural Dopey Challenge in Disney. Now it shall follow other goals and endeavors in running and fitness.

Sunday 3 April 2016

Goals check in!

So scarily enough we are a quarter of the way through 2016, so I figured I'd take a moment to check in on my goals and see where I stand.  

1.) 2016 miles in 2016.  I'm doing pretty well with this goal, especially since I had a lot of race miles, so fewer weekly miles, in February.  I'm currently at 513, which is just 4.1 miles off of where I should be.  On the positive side, I'm running injury free and have been much better about throwing down some consistent miles.  I'd like to start banking some miles to help with some tapers and recovery weeks through out the year.  But at least I'm currently on track.  

2.) Sub 1:40 half.  I haven't raced a half since Feb, where I fell short, but I've regrouped and realized I wasn't running long consistently enough.  So since the end of February I've done seven 10+ mile runs, two of which were 15 miles, some on consecutive days.  Tinkerbell is in the beginning of May, so I plan on at least three more double digit runs prior to them and we shall see where I stand.

3.) Sub 21:00 5k.  This hasn't been my focus yet, this will be my main goal through early summer, but I have been doing various length repeats st 6:40 and more recently 6:00 pace.  I think this is one of my harder goals to achieve.

4.) place at a Disney race.  I was shut down at Princess.  A fast field and rough day for me didn't go well.  Still have Pixie Dust and Wine and Dine.

5.) Qualify to Boston.  I'm working towards this by building a base and running more double digit runs. I've also begun looking at which marathon(s?) to attempt at.  I'm thinking of trying two... To have a back up just in case.

So with three months already gone I feel like I'm working towards my goals.  February gave me some feedback through racing and I've really been able to make some adjustments that should be able to help.

Now if Mother Nature would just cooperate.  We had snow last night and a winter storm warning for tonight as well.  I hate running on ice/snow, so I did my ten miles on the treadmill this morning.  Thank God for DVR,

No comments:

Post a Comment